Top 5 iPhone Photo Apps
The camera that I carry around with me at all times is my iPhone and naturally I have waayy too many photos in there. I am then always left with the decision of constantly having to back up my photos on my computer or deleting the PetFinder App, which obviously I'm still looking for a french bulldog. I have finally found an editing process for my iPhone photos and thought I would share my favorite tips and tricks as well as my absolute favorite apps.
Here is how to make sure you have a good shot to work with:
- Tap on the screen to the subject where you would like to focus (a box will show up)
- Shoot at a different angle that typical eye level (get low, climb high)
- Work with available light instead of turning on the iPhone flash (grab a candle, carry a flashlight)
- Place the subject off center
- Take multiple photos of the same photo with different variations, you never know which one you'll like :)
- I placed my focus on the van. Since I was at a stop sign, this was not a good time for multiple photos :)
VSCO CAM has filters just like instagram but also settings where you can control your exposure, contrast, highlights etc.
- Bumped up Exposure by 1 stop
- Bumped up Contrast by 1 stop
- Applied filter M5
Afterlight also has filters like instagram but I mainly use it only for the cool lightleaks you can apply to photos.
- Applied Lightleak filter #21 at 50%
- Remember if you like a particular light leak you can flip it to the side you want it to display.
Squaready basically prepares your photo for instagram. How many times has Instagram cut your photo to where you just do not want to post it?
- Added border on all sides
Framatic I use this app to place together 2-3 images to create 1 which I did not want to do in this case. I recommend the cap of "collage" images to no more than 3 as you still want to be able to see the different photos.
- At this point I am using Instagram as a photo sharing app and rarely using their filters. I feel that I have more control over the editing when using the apps I mentioned above.